CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Oh to be 19 again

As I sit here typing this post my back aches, my knees are bruised and I am pretty sure I won't be able to move a muscle tomorrow. Why you ask? Well, this year I decided that I would get more involved in the MBASA which is the spouse association for all of us women, and a few men, who have husbands/wives working endlessly to conquer the world of education. I think I have done a good job so far, three weeks into the semester, but I may have gone too far...I joined the BYU intramural women's flag football team and the women's soccer team along with many other MBA wives. I have come to realize that my body doesn't move as fast or recover as quickly as it did ten years ago. I would also like to add that my endurance isn't where it used to be either. I think after playing maybe 8-10 minutes of soccer my face was crimson red and I wanted to pass out. We were playing on an indoor field so the temperature was a bit extreme in there. However, I am truly grateful for the physical body that I do have and the ability to play sports. I may not be the All Star that I once thought I was but it sure is fun to get back on the field and play. The best part about playing now is the supportive husband that has and probably will come to all of my games and who has brought Emmalyn along to enjoy watching mommy play. We have been so blessed being at BYU and know that the Lord has guided our path thus far and we are looking forward to what lies ahead. I just hope I make it through the next week of games. It has to get easier doesn't it?

3 comments:

Dan and Anne said...

Way to be positive! I on the other hand would like to say growing older sucks... almost as much as your body changing after having a baby does. If I would have known how things would have been after a kid, before that is, I would have reconsidered. I wouldn't have changed having him of course, but I would have thought longer about it! (especially about what I told you about! :) ) Good talking to you yesterday!

Candace said...

What are you talking about...your body rocks!! I know...I've seen it. Don't be shy!

Sarah said...

You have a baby girl!! Congrats Angela! I found your blog on Ellen's. I hope you don't mind if I add you to mine (http://therunyonfamilyjournal.blogspot.com. It's a private blog but I'd love to send you an invite if you will send me your email. Mine is Runyonsarah@aol.com How are things going for you?? Wow, it's been soooo long!!!! :)