This past month has probably been one of the craziest months we have experienced. It started with the loss of my amazing grandmother at the age of 94. I could probably write a whole post dedicated to her but I will save that for my personal journal.
I will say though that I have a lot to live up to and a great example to follow. If I ever start thinking that life is too hard and that I have had to face unbearable challanges I just think of my grandmother who has endured everything from a mother who tried to drown her in a river when she was just a baby, getting married at age 15, and losing several children and a husband (my father's father who died while my father was in the womb). Although she had to go through these trials you would never know it; she was the happiest, most optimistic person I ever met. I will miss her beautiful face but will cherish the memories that I have and always keep her in my heart. Love you grandma.
I will say though that I have a lot to live up to and a great example to follow. If I ever start thinking that life is too hard and that I have had to face unbearable challanges I just think of my grandmother who has endured everything from a mother who tried to drown her in a river when she was just a baby, getting married at age 15, and losing several children and a husband (my father's father who died while my father was in the womb). Although she had to go through these trials you would never know it; she was the happiest, most optimistic person I ever met. I will miss her beautiful face but will cherish the memories that I have and always keep her in my heart. Love you grandma.We returned from the funeral on a Tuesday evening and flew to CO the following afternoon. We were welcomed by a typical March snow storm.
After spending about a week in CO I met Joey at the airport, leaving our beautiful daughter with grandma and grandpa, to fly to CT to search for a place for us to live. We spent one full day looking at places and felt really good about a home in the town of Ellington. We haven't signed a lease yet, we are still waiting for our application to be approved, but we sure hope everything falls into place because we love everything about it. The best part of our trip to CT was meeting up with our good friends Dan, Anne and Beckett for dinner at a "Food Network" recommended restaurant in Manchester called Shady Glen (great idea Dan). It was a delicious meal but even better company.
I sure miss my little Beckett, the moment I saw him he ran up to me and gave me a huge hug which made me feel so special. I look forward to many more dinners and get together's...next one is on us!! Th
e next morning we flew back to CO and only stopped for a moment to see our baby and grab a bite to eat before heading to the car dealership where we finally got ourselves a four-door/second vehicle. My two-door isn't cutting it these days and well, we need a second car. It felt good to wrap up a few of the tasks on our To Do list as we close out the end of grad school and head back to the real world. It is a bittersweet time for us. I have really enjoyed the two years we have been at BYU and will miss all of our friends but I am looking forward to a new adventure and meeting new people in a place I never imagined living. Connecticut is a beautiful place and I know we will love it once we get settled in. Plus I am looking forward to all of our family and friends who have promised to come visit us. I promise we will invest in a really good air mattress!
After spending about a week in CO I met Joey at the airport, leaving our beautiful daughter with grandma and grandpa, to fly to CT to search for a place for us to live. We spent one full day looking at places and felt really good about a home in the town of Ellington. We haven't signed a lease yet, we are still waiting for our application to be approved, but we sure hope everything falls into place because we love everything about it. The best part of our trip to CT was meeting up with our good friends Dan, Anne and Beckett for dinner at a "Food Network" recommended restaurant in Manchester called Shady Glen (great idea Dan). It was a delicious meal but even better company.
I sure miss my little Beckett, the moment I saw him he ran up to me and gave me a huge hug which made me feel so special. I look forward to many more dinners and get together's...next one is on us!! Th
e next morning we flew back to CO and only stopped for a moment to see our baby and grab a bite to eat before heading to the car dealership where we finally got ourselves a four-door/second vehicle. My two-door isn't cutting it these days and well, we need a second car. It felt good to wrap up a few of the tasks on our To Do list as we close out the end of grad school and head back to the real world. It is a bittersweet time for us. I have really enjoyed the two years we have been at BYU and will miss all of our friends but I am looking forward to a new adventure and meeting new people in a place I never imagined living. Connecticut is a beautiful place and I know we will love it once we get settled in. Plus I am looking forward to all of our family and friends who have promised to come visit us. I promise we will invest in a really good air mattress!To wrap up our crazy month/trip we were able to celebrate Easter with my family by watching the LDS General Conference and enjoying a delicious meal before once again heading to the airport. We are so grateful for our Savior and the life he lived and the gift of the Resurrection that he has given to each of us. The gospel has blessed our lives in so many ways; knowing that we will be a family forever gives me joy beyond description, knowing that there is a living prophet on the earth to guide us during these latter days gives me hope and knowing that I am daughter of divine heritage gives me comfort and confidence in who I am.
Here are a few snapshots of CO with my family
Spending time with grandpa at the zoo
Loving the elephants but distracted by something else
Spending time with grandpa at the zoo
Loving the elephants but distracted by something else
Grabbing first Easter egg to dye 
So excited to be holding an egg but not quite sure what to do next
She chose blue as her first color and loved holding onto the wire egg holder






6 comments:
So sorry about the passing of your grandmother. 94 years...WOW! Congrats on the upcoming graduation and good luck with the move. We colored our eggs and then left them to dry during conference before we would add some special effects. Isaac snuck in the kitchen and broke every single egg. The boys were very disappointed but Isaac sure had fun.
finally a new post. it is nice to hear you found a home in CT, I really hope that we can make a trip out there sometime. I bet your grandma has been having many happy reunions in the great beyond. I am so grateful for my grandma's example too. We must be lucky to come from such amazing women.
Too bad we just left Mass. or we would have been right in your backyard! Well if you ever come to Kirtland, we've got a step up from an air mattress for you.
Seems like just yesterday we met you in that Wymount ward. Can't believe you're headed out of BYU already! Congrats!
What an awesome trip!:) We're so glad you came and visited us and we look forward to many more get togethers! Hopefully Emmalyn and Beckett can rekindle the flame once you get here! Congrats on the second vehicle... I can imagine how nice it is not to have to climb in back to strap Emmalyn in! See you in a few weeks!!!
So glad we got to do Easter together! Time really has flown and I'm sad you're leaving me...tear...lots of tears.
Wow, what a busy time for you guys. Sorry to hear about your grandma - sounds like she was very special. Good luck with everything!!!
Post a Comment