Yesterday was a big day for all of us. Joey graduated with his MBA!!!! Although the ceremony was a little too long for Em I wouldn't have missed it for anything. I am so proud of my husband for all that he has accomplished and love that I was able to be by his side supporting him the whole time. I didn't think I would be as emotional as I was; I started crying while taking pictures before the ceremony even started. And the tears didn't stop then. They flowed when all of the spouses and children of graduating students were asked to stand. It was a long road for all of us with many things sacrificed but it was worth it and I love him all the more for his dedication and all that he was able to achieve.
I know what I am about to write will be hard for some of you to believe/understand but here I go. I can't believe I am actually going to say this, but I am going to miss Provo. I know it is crazy to hear that from me especially if you go back to the post I wrote two years ago when we started our grad school adventure. I will miss Provo for these few reasons; I loved the townhome and community we lived in and my neighbor, you know who you are, as well as the BYU MBA program that provided my husband an all around education and opportunity to succeed in his career, and lastly I will miss Provo because of the MBASA (Spouse Association). This association saved me during the two years my husband was MIA. Although I didn't go to every activity and become best friends with everyone, I did get involved as much as I wanted to and made several really good friends that I will remember always and hopefully keep in touch with. I feel like I am leaving my family and going far, far, away. Wait, I am leaving my MBASA family, my immediate family and moving far, far, away. However, I am looking forward to it and I am getting excited about the idea of visiting so many beautiful and historical places.
I know what I am about to write will be hard for some of you to believe/understand but here I go. I can't believe I am actually going to say this, but I am going to miss Provo. I know it is crazy to hear that from me especially if you go back to the post I wrote two years ago when we started our grad school adventure. I will miss Provo for these few reasons; I loved the townhome and community we lived in and my neighbor, you know who you are, as well as the BYU MBA program that provided my husband an all around education and opportunity to succeed in his career, and lastly I will miss Provo because of the MBASA (Spouse Association). This association saved me during the two years my husband was MIA. Although I didn't go to every activity and become best friends with everyone, I did get involved as much as I wanted to and made several really good friends that I will remember always and hopefully keep in touch with. I feel like I am leaving my family and going far, far, away. Wait, I am leaving my MBASA family, my immediate family and moving far, far, away. However, I am looking forward to it and I am getting excited about the idea of visiting so many beautiful and historical places.















4 comments:
That's so GREAT! Congratulations you guys!!! Good luck with the move.
How wonderful Ang. Miss you!
Wow ... that post brought back memories of when Jim got his masters. There weren't any spouse support programs where we were.... that would have been nice. Congrats to both of you! I know when Jim got his masters... it certainly felt like WE had gotten a masters.
i am hoping you are talking about me. our friendship bonded through my vacuum.
Post a Comment