CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me

This year I got the best present for my birthday, a trip to Mexico with my husband and our friends. Ok, so the trip wasn't specifically for my birthday but it was included in our "celebration" trip. Two years ago before we started graduate school we made plans to go on vacation after graduation to celebrate and it just happened to be planned two days after my birthday. We left Em behind with grandpa and grandma so that we could truly relax and have some alone time. Turns out she had more fun without us be around; she made it clear that she didn't miss us when we asked her. Mexico was great. It was everything that we wanted in this trip; to do nothing but relax and hangout with our good friends. We laid on the beach, drank our fruit smoothies, swam in the pool and ocean, kayaked, played beach volleyball, played games, watched movies and I actually read an entire book in 4 days (over 500 pages). The only time we got away from the resort was to take a trip to the Tulum Mayan ruins; it was so beautiful there. I couldn't believe how many of the buildings were still intact. I felt like I was on site of a Hollywood movie like Indiana Jones; it was incredible. The only thing that I didn't enjoy was the heat and humidity. My hair was a puff ball after the tour and I felt like I had taken a bath in my own sweat. Gross, I know. This trip made me realize that it is important to take time for myself every once in awhile and how wonderful it is to get to spend some romantic alone time with my husband. We held hands, cuddled on the beach while listening to the waves hit the beach, gazed at the stars, and danced the night away with a local band. We are already planning our next vacation, is it going to be Hawaii or Europe?

1 comments:

Dave and Candace said...

I'm glad you had such a great trip! As I'm sitting here watching it rain/snow, I'm thinking how nice a trip like that would be. I hope things are going well!