
November 12, 2008 was a sad day for me and my "baseball" life. As most of you know, I have truly enjoyed watching the Rockies play since the the former left-fielder Matt Holliday made his MLB debut four years ago. On the 12th Holliday was traded to the Oakland A's. Although it was devastating news, it has been a rumor for so long that I was expecting it. At least he went to the A's instead of the Yankees, Phillies, or Cubs; the few teams I despise. I'm not quite sure what kind of reception I will give him if the A's ever play the Rockies in an interleague game. I would like to cheer for him still but the fact that he left the Rockies over money makes me a little sad. I guess it wasn't enough for him to be making $23 million in two years ($9.5m in 2008 and $13.5m in 2009). Why are professional sports all about the money? What happened to playing the game because you loved it; you eat, sleep and basically live for the sport. Well best of luck to him...but who am I going to stare at and scream at the top of my lungs for come April?
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
It's a sad day in my "baseball" life
Posted by Angela at 3:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment