I have been waiting for this day for a long time. I love Thanksgiving food and smells. There is nothing like a juicy, moist turkey accompanied by a heap of mashed potatoes/gravy, homemade roll and PIE. Thanksgiving this year was so different than in years past. Instead of eating two Thanksgiving meals, one with the Olson's and one with the Thorpe's, and being surrounded by many nieces and nephews, we spent turkey day in Utah because travelling was out of the question. Fortunately Joey has relatives that live here so we weren't totally alone and I didn't have to make the expected Thanksgiving meal. I don't even think that our little kitchen would have had the capacity to make it all.
We had a great time with Uncle Reed and Aunt Bobbie and meeting/getting to know cousins (Lisa, Greg and family and Holly and Quentin) that Joey hasn't seen since he was a little guy. They were all so nice and I even made a Christmas craft with the ladies. I felt pretty good about myself once it was completed and now it sits in our living room as the only Christmas decoration...for now. 

I am now 36-weeks along in my pregnancy and anticipate the arrival of our daughter. I truly believe that the Lord makes the last few weeks as uncomfortable as possible so that we look forward to the labor and delivery; otherwise we might want to keep these little ones inside of us.
Friday, November 28, 2008
Thanksgiving Day
Posted by Angela at 9:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
You guys are so dang cute, I really enjoyed having you with us for Thanksgiving!!
I can't wait for your sweet baby to come! You look fantastic. Hang in there, just a few more weeks!
Hey, we're counting down the days with you guys. Can't wait!
Hope all is well. Wish we could see more of you.
I was thinking about you today! I am so excited for you to have a little baby. She is going to be adorable and very blessed to have such great parents. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment