CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 5, 2009

Walnut Creek

We have been in Walnut Creek for only a week and I have to admit that it is a beautiful place to live. Although we really wanted to try out San Francisco for the summer, and experience the city life it just didn't work out. When praying about our decision we said that if things didn't fall into place in SF we knew we should live in Walnut Creek. So here we are. The first part of the week was hard for me with Joey being gone all day, almost twelve hours with the commute, and not knowing anyone. I am usually a pretty social and outgoing person but being in a place where I know no one and don't have my bearings it has been difficult. Thank goodness for our membership in our church and for the warm reception we got walking in on our first Sunday. The people in the Walnut Creek 2nd ward are genuinely kind and have made us feel so welcome. Last Wednesday we had an enrichment night called "Readiness Roadtrip" with the ladies to learn more about being prepared for anything. We made emergency car kits, had a demonstration on how to prepare meals from food storage and how we can be prepared spiritually. On Friday I went to Walden Park and had a picnic lunch with some of the women I met at church and also introduced Emmalyn to the slide and swing. She loved playing at the park and meeting other kids. I've noticed that she loves to watch other kids and gets really excited when she can interact with them. That is my hope; that she will have many opportunitites to interact with other children so she learns how to share, play nicely and be social. On Saturday Joey was invited to play on the ward softball team which took us into Oakland for the first time.
It was an incredibly beautiful day, perfect for playing ball and driving around Oakland. On accident we found ourselves in the parking lot of the Oakland Temple. We walked around the grounds and took some fun pictures. We had a great view of San Francisco from the temple. On Sunday Emmalyn looked as cute as ever for church, we went for a walk on a trail right by our place and Emmalyn rolled over from her stomach to her back all on her own. It was a perfect ending to a great week.

2 comments:

Emily said...

So cute! It looks like you're having fun.

Candace said...

I want to go swimming in that pool!! And talk about cute! Who made those stinkin' cute bows? Love you! Thanks for being such a good model Emma-lema-ding-dong!