We have so many fond memories of our stay in Colorado; some of which are not included on here because I wasn't the one to take the pictures but will hopefully receive them from friends and family and then they will probably be posted. Joey and I have been blessed in so many ways and recognize these blessings every day. We were fortunate to land an internship in CO for five weeks with two of the coolest guys in the world BC and Poelman. Joey worked on several business start up projects and had a blast doing it every day; go figure. Emmalyn and I loved being home and playing with whomever was around; grandpa, grandma, Jack or Derek. We were able to visit with friends/co-workers, have a girls movie day with the Thorpe women, a boys night out with Joey's brothers and dad, we went to baseball games with grandpa, and enjoyed a night out on the town for our two year anniversary. We also loved the Tuesday night's smorgasbord that Derek brought home to eat while watching American Idol, and the late night of watching the Office with Jack. We did so many fun things that I could go on and on with but I won't; most importantly we were able to make memories with our families. Emmalyn loved everyone and I am sure she will miss all the attention she received. Now she is stuck hanging out with mom all day long in CA. We are excited to be in CA and look forward to the adventures ahead. By the way we ended up finding a great apartment in Walnut Creek which is just outside of San Francisco but plan on visiting the city often. Here is a list of things we plan on doing or seeing while we are here...please let me know if there are things not on this list that we must do before leaving CA.
- Walk the Golden Gate bridge
- See the Redwoods
- Fisherman's Wharf
- Pier 39
- Alcatraz
- Baseball game at Giants stadium
- Heather Farms park
- Napa Valley vineyards
- Aquarium of the Bay
- Ghiradelli Square
- Lombard Street
- Muir Woods
























3 comments:
She is getting so big. Teddy says she's 100% Joey but I see you in her too. Have fun in CA (I was born in Walnut Creek =)
Love, Teddy & Jayleen
Wow, I can't believe your 5 weeks in CO is already up! Have fun in CA though!! Emmalyn is adorable as every.
The only thing that would have made Colorado better would have been a dose of Candace and Eisley!! Am I right or am I right?!! So we didn't do Alcatrez, but I hear it's pretty sweet, so do that. We did walk Pier 39 and that was fun. There's a spot there where the seals chill. Very cool! We bought chocolate there, so I don't know if that's the place you mentioned, but lots of chocolate. Not really my thing though. They had a cool juggler dude performing. He was funny! Enjoy! Miss you!
Post a Comment